Jumpstart Application Information
Applications are currently open.
Please follow us on social media for updates regarding the opening of applications and deadlines for submissions or you can sign up for our newsletter below.
- Projects in which the producer, director or writer is an African citizen. Proof of African citizenship must be provided through a certified copy of a valid African passport or identification document. (Africans living in the Diaspora must have African citizenship – proof of passport).
- Projects with a producer and director attached.
- Projects must have first draft script available.
- Live action fiction features in development only.
Technical Evaluation – Application will be evaluated according to eligibility criteria
Project Evaluation – A panel of industry professionals will evaluate the submission and project package
Confirming shortlisted projects – Shortlisted projects will be contacted for availability and confirmation
Announcement of official selection – Public announcement of participants
All enquiries pertaining to the programme must be directed to DFMI via [email protected]
- Applicants are not permitted to direct any questions or comments to evaluation panel members in advance of deadlines or following decisions.
- The Durban FilmMart Institute reserves the right to alter programme guidelines with a general email notification to all potential applicants
- Time commitments with specific dates will be communicated to selected participants upon confirmation of selection.
- Terms and Conditions – to be signed by applicants.
- Applicants may submit more than one project for consideration but only one project can be selected for each applicant per programme cycle.
- Projects selected as official projects for a particular programme cycle cannot be submitted again.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit documents to prove the ownership of all the intellectual property rights of the film.
- A single representative must be present during the entire programme.
- Event period: 18 -22 July 2024, as part of the annual Durban Filmmart
- Online mentorship (June/ July 2024 and November 2024)
- Travel will be covered by DFMI. This will include 1 flight (round trip) per project travelling from within Africa and accommodation for 1 project representative only.
- The Durban FilmMart Institute reserves the right to alter programme guidelines with general public notice to all potential applicants.
- Applicants are not permitted to direct any questions or comments to evaluation panel members in advance of deadlines or following decisions. All enquiries pertaining to the programme must be directed to Durban FilmMart Institute staff.
- The Durban FilmMart Institute support is to be acknowledged with a Durban FilmMart Institute credit and logo on promotional materials relating to the project, subject to customary exclusions and exceptions.
- Once the project is completed, the credits must mention that the project was presented at JUMPSTART.
Terms and Conditions – to be signed by selected project participants upon acceptance.
|Call for applications open
|Call for applications closes
|Annual event (in person)
|Step 2 (online)