Vacancy: Web Administrator
The DFMI is looking for a well-organized, energetic, and dynamic Web Administrator to actively manage and maintain the organisation’s website, e-portal and online system, ensuring its smooth operation and providing technical support to end-users. The Web Administrator will also be responsible for monitoring system performance and security, and ensuring that the system meets the needs of the organization’s staff and clients.
Role: Web Administrator
Reference: DFM2023_Web Administrator
Job Duration: 10-month contract
Job Type: Remote
Start: May 2023
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain the organisation’s websites, e-portals, including hardware, software, and cloud infrastructure.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the system is meeting the needs of the organization
- Conduct user verification of various organisational websites and portals.
- Troubleshoots and resolves IT issues via phone and web
- Managing and reporting event Ticketing Purchase Orders on ITS
- Train end-users on how to use the system and provide ongoing support.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and trends in the field to ensure that the system is meeting the organization’s needs.
- Work with other staff and suppliers to ensure the system is secure and that data is backed up regularly.
- Provide technical support to end-users, troubleshooting issues and resolving problems promptly.
- Ensure that the system is running at optimal performance and is available to users.
- Create SEO and other related website analytical reports
- Create new staff accounts in the AD server (email account and user account.)
- Create ITS Account and Support
- Managing the ticket system
- Support of software products incl. but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and the ITS System
- Supporting the Google Suite, MS Teams facility
- Provide new employees with ITS training and any other system-related queries.
- Provide ITS support to existing staff member.
- Provide admin support, research and marketing initiatives in expanding the number of registered users on the e-port.
- Must possess a solid understanding of PC software and hardware/peripheral devices, Active Roles and Active Directory, standard operating systems (such as Windows and Microsoft Office Applications)
- Daily checking of log files and investigating any anomalies.
- Managing of software and firmware updates for all systems.
- Monitoring & maintaining of firewall/VPN etc.
- Monitoring SEO and other related website analytics
- Ensuring information security policies and guidelines are followed.
- Ensuring backups are occurring regularly, including off site backups, including testing of backups periodically.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of backup power systems.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of integrated tertiary systems and related technologies
- Experience in systems administration, directory, database, networking, and security
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- AD environment, including end-user support.
- Administrative office procedures, practices, and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
Submission details and deadline:
Email a 2-page CV and quote the reference, DFM2023_Web Administrator, no later than 19 May 2023.
Use Email [email protected]
For more information visit www.durbanfilmmart.com